Tuesday 19 July 2011

GB Review - Mario's Picross



I never played this when it was originally released. It was purely through hearing about the most recent installment, Picross 3D on the DS from RMC over at Gonintendo that I finally gave Picross try. When I bought Picross 3D I was took aback by what an amazing concept this game has. Make pictures by chipping away at blocks, but by following a set of numerical instructions. I found myself playing this every day, on the train to work, in bed and even on the toilet – ah the beauty of a handheld!
After enjoying the 3D version so much I bought the original on the 3DS VC for an amazing £4.00. Within seconds of turning the game on I was back, flying through puzzles in seconds. I'm currently still playing through as there are a lot of puzzles, but so far having to only worry about two dimensions I can say this is far easier. It took me a while to get used to the controls as the DS's made much more sense, I found I kept chipping away instead of marking and vice-versa.

Overall through I'd have to say anyone who doesnt buy this game for £4.00 is a fool. Even if you don't love it and play it straight through, just having it on your 3DS ready for a rainy day, or a software drought. Or even if your stuck on a train! Knowing its there is comforting.

I would rate this game: 5/5

0 comments:

Post a Comment